- Verify that your server meets the system requirements.
- Make sure you have installed the Web Deploy tool on your server. If not, download it from https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=43717. Run the installer and make sure to include the IIS Manager UI Module.
- Download the Web Deployment package for incentive.
- Start Internet Information Services (IIS) Manager. Make sure you have installed IIS 7.0 or later.
Add Web Site
Right-click the Sites node and select Add Web Site to create a new site for Incentive.
- Specify a Site name for the site.
- Specify a Physical Path for the new site. This must be an empty directory (Ex: c:\inetpub\incentive).
- Specify a Host name for your site. This is the address you access the site with (Ex: intranet.company.com).
- Before clicking OK, check the name of the application pool.
- Click OK, and then click Application Pools in the left panel, find your site's application pool and make sure .NET Framework Version is set to 4.0 and Managed Pipeline Mode is set to Integrated. If not, right-click the application pool, click Basic Settings... and change it.
Right-click on your newly created Site and select Deploy > Import Application... (If the Deploy menu item is not found you have probably not installed Web Deploy).
- Select the Web Deployment package you downloaded in step 1. Click Next.
- Select all contents of the package, then click Next.
- Select SQL Database and select to Create new database. Click Next.
- Leave Application Path empty.
- Specify name of your Database Server.
- Specify the Database Name.
- Specify the Database User Name. This is the run-time user and will be created if it does not exist.
- Specify the Database Password for the Database User Name.
- Specify the Database Administrator and the Database Administrator Password. This is most often the sa account. This will only be used by the installer to create the database and is not stored in the system.
- Click Next to install the application.