Dynamics Connect Cloud Hosting (alternative 1)
If your CRM installation is web facing you can use Dynamics Connect Cloud Hosting.
Host Dynamics Connect's backend on premise (alternative 2)
You need to install a web application called Incentive for Dynamics Connect to work.
To get started, please send a request for a trial license to email@example.com.
Follow these steps to install Incentive on-premise:
- Make sure the server you are installing Incentive on meets the system requirements.
- Download and install Incentive.
- Navigate to the web application in your browser and start the the guide by clicking "Already have a license?" and enter the license key we provided you with.
- After you have completed the setup guide, enter the url <rooturl to Incentive>/manage (e.g. http://incentive/manage) in your browser and then click System settings. Enter the url to your Dynamics CRM 2016 in the Dynamics 365 url field and click save.
After Incentive is installed you can stick with the default authentication mechanism (forms authentication) or based on your network/server setup you can switch to windows authentication.
Install the Dynamics Connect solution:
- Download the solution package for Dynamics Connect.
- Import the solution into your Dynamics CRM 2016 installation.
- When complete, double click the DynamicsConnect solution to open it.
- You should find yourself on the Configuration page for the solution. Enter the url to your Incentive installation in the textbox and click save.
Dynamics Connect is now installed and you should see the panel when navigating to entities, views and dashboards.
How to enable Dynamics Connect™ for CRM users