The usual steps for upgrading to a new version of Incentive usually consists of the following steps, but you should always read the changelog carefully since there are sometimes an extra step or two depending on the version number you are upgrading to.
- Backup your site and database before applying the upgrade.
- Verify that your server meets the system requirements.
- Download and unzip the upgrade package.
- Update the
web.configfile in the upgrade package with your custom settings, e.g. database connection string and authentication settings.
- Delete all files and folders from your site except
- Delete the
App_Data\Indexfolder from your site.
- Copy all files from the upgrade package into the root folder of your site.
- Run the
incentive.execommand line tool to update the database. The
incentive.exeprogram is located in the
bindirectory of your Incentive installation.