Before you install Incentive you should make sure your server meets the system requirements. If possible you should enable some additional features on your web server by following these steps:
- Open "Server Manager"
- Click on "Manage” in the right corner"
- Click "Add Roles and Feature"
- Go to "Installation Type in the Wizard"
- Select "Role-based or feature installation" and click "Next"
- Go to "Server Roles"
- Expand "Web Server(IIS)"
- Expand "Web Server"
- Expand "Application Development"
- Check "WebSocket Protocol" and click "Next"
- Click on "Install"
- Download the installation package and unzip it to a local folder on your server.
- Copy the contents of the
Incentivefolder to the location where you want to place your web site, e.g.
- Open Microsoft SQL Server Management Studio and connect to your database server.
- Create an empty database.
- Create a database login and map it to a database user. Make sure that the user has the database role db_owner.
- Open the file web.config (located in the Incentive folder) with a text editor and update the connection string "incentive". It should look like this:
<add name="incentive" connectionString="server=[server address];database=[database name];uid=[database user name];pwd=[database user password];" providerName="System.Data.SqlClient" />
So, for example:
<add name="incentive" connectionString="server=localhost;database=incentive;uid=incentiveuser;pwd=incentive123;" providerName="System.Data.SqlClient" />
Configure Web Server
- Open Internet Information Services (IIS) Manager (for example through the Control Panel -> Administrative Tools).
- Right click Sites and click Add Website...
- Fill in values for Site name, Physical path and Host name. The physical path should point to the directory where you copied the Incentive folder from the installation package, e.g. C:\inetpub\Incentive. Click OK.
- Click Application Pools and find the application pool for the site you just created. Make sure it uses .NET CLR version 4.0.31319 or later and that the Managed pipeline mode is set to Integrated.
Set file and directory permissions
For Incentive to work properly the following permissions need to be configured for the IIS application pool identity:
To set the actual permissions you should follow these steps:
- Right-click the directory/file in File Explorer and select Properties.
- Select the Security tab, then click Edit... and then Add.
- Click the Locations button and make sure you select the server Incentive is installed on.
- Enter "IIS AppPool\[name of application pool]" in the "Enter the object names to select:" text box.
- Click the Check Names button. If you get "Name Not Found", check your spelling and try again.
- Set the permissions and click OK.
- Repeat for all directories and files in the table.