Get ready to install
When installing Incentive through the Windows Web App Gallery, the installer will automatically handle everything from creating your database, installing prerequisites and configuring a website running Incentive.
- Run the installation tool you downloaded above. The Web Platform Installer will open.
- Click Options to configure the installation, then change Web Server from IIS Express to IIS.
By default the installer will create the Incentive database on a local SQL Server Express instance. If you would like to change this, Click to enable remote database support and enter your database server name under Remote database server name.
When you're done with the options, click OK and then Install.
- In the prerequsities select the SQL server to be used hosting the database (SQL Server 2008 Express edition or higher). Apply login credentials and click "Continue".
- Review the list of of products and components to be installed and click "I Accept". Incentive is now being copied and installed.
- Configure the web site to host Incentive. Make sure you install Incentive as a root site. Click "Continue" to finish the configuration of the web site.
- Incentive is now installed and configured as a web site. Click the "Launch Incentive" link in the application window to start the configuration wizard.